Download WinSCP 4.1.8Tuesday, December 2, 2008 18:54
Download WinSCP 4.1.8
WinSCP (Windows Secure CoPy) is an open source SFTP and FTP client for Microsoft Windows. Its main function is secure file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers basic file manager functionality. For secure transfers, it uses Secure Shell (SSH) and supports the SCP protocol in addition to SFTP.
Development of WinSCP started around May 2000 and continues. Originally it was hosted by the University of Economics in Prague, where its author worked at the time. Since July 16, 2003 it is licensed under GPL and hosted on SourceForge.net.
WinSCP is based on the implementation of the SSH protocol from PuTTY and FTP protocol from FileZilla.
WinSCP is also available as a plugin for two file managers, FAR and Altap Salamander.
* Graphical user interface
* Translated into several languages
* Integration with Windows (Drag-and-drop, URL, shortcut icons)
* All common operations with files
* Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
* Batch file scripting and command-line interface
* Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
* Integrated text editor
* Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
* Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
* Choice of Windows Explorer–like or Norton Commander–like interfaces.
* Optionally stores session information
* Optionally import session information from PuTTY sessions in the registry
* Able to upload files and retain associated original date/timestamps, unlike FTP clients.
WinSCP 4.1.8 Changelog
- installation package
- includes translations: Croatian, Czech, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- in addition to installing application executable file, it can install public key tools (Pageant, uTTYgen) and create start menu items, desktop icons etc.
- also includes Windows shell extension for direct drag&drop downloads and console interface tool for running scripts from command-line
Download WinSCP 4.1.8