Download Opera 9.61Tuesday, October 21, 2008 20:41
Download Opera 9.61
Opera 9.61 - Making you faster
Opera is the only Web browser that comes complete with everything you need to be productive, safe and fast online.
what’s new in Opera 9.6
- Opera Link: Now lets you synchronize custom Search engines and typed History too. So any website address you typed in one computer will be available in all your other computers.
- Feed Preview: Click on the feed icon and you will see it in a clean and efficient layout especially formated for your window size. This makes it easier to see the feeds content before subscribing to it or even bookmarking it for quickly viewing what’s new in a page without distractions.
- Speed Enhancement: Go on, surf around, you’ll notice the Web is snappier in Opera 9.6 with faster page loading than previous versions.
Opera 9.6 Changelog
- User Interface
- Fixed an issue with Opera Link which could generate duplicate bookmarks during the synchronization process
- The image toggle button on the status bar is now a normal button, and does not have a menu
- Fixed an issue where History Search could be used to reveal browsing history, as reported by Roberto Suggi Liverani of Security-Assessment.com; see our advisory
- Fast Forward can no longer allow cross-site scripting, as reported by David Bloom; see our advisory
- Prevented news feed preview from revealing the contents of unrelated news feeds, as reported by David Bloom; see our advisory
- Windows-specific changes
- newwindow — Opens a URL in a new window
- fullscreen — Start in full screen mode; only works if no Opera instances are already running
Editor’s preview from Download.com
Opera 9.61 maintains the program’s tradition of striving for the fastest, smallest, and most full-featured browser available. Opera covers the basics with tabbed browsing, mouse-over previews, a customizable search bar, advanced bookmarking tools, and simple integration with e-mail and chat clients. Mouse-gesture support, keyboard shortcuts, and drag-and-drop functionality round out the essentials.
Opera’s extras push it to the top of the class. Integrated theme support previews themes from within the interface, and the new version sports a default redo that’s an attractive balance between “dark” and “light” themes. Opera’s desktop widgets can appear anywhere while Opera is running. The Wand utility combines autofill with saved passwords, and it’s hard to ignore the addition of torrent support and real-time fraud protection. The latest version includes reasonable anti-malware protection courtesy Haute Secure.
The expanded features in 9.61 should make any non-believer do a double-take. Opera Link enables Bookmarks, the Personal bar, Speed Dial, and Notes synchronization across all other Opera instances. Quick Find improves the search tool, allowing for full text searching from the address field, the history panel, and opera:historysearch. The Status bar has been restored as a default, the Wand now lets users confirm a successful login before saving credentials, and spatial navigation–similar to Opera Mini and the Wii browser–has been introduced.
The new version is faster, has multiple back-end changes to handle code better, and expands Opera Link synchronization. We think Opera has what it takes to unseat even the biggest-name browsers. You just need to hear it sing.