Download FileZilla 3.1.6 RC1Thursday, November 27, 2008 17:20
Download FileZilla 3.1.6 RC1
FileZilla Client (also referred to as FileZilla) is a free, open source, cross-platform FTP client. Binaries are available for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. It supports FTP, SFTP, and FTPS (FTP over SSL/TLS). As of June 20, 2008, it was the 10th most popular download of all time from SourceForge.net.
FileZilla Server is a sister product of FileZilla Client. It is an FTP server supported by the same project and features support for FTP and FTP over SSL/TLS.
FileZilla’s source code is hosted on SourceForge. The project was featured as Project of the Month in November 2003.
FileZilla Main Features
The main features are the site manager, message log, file and folder view, and the transfer queue.
The site manager allows a user to create a list of FTP sites along with their connection data, such as the port number to use, the protocol to use, and whether to use anonymous or normal logon. For normal logon, the username is saved and optionally the password.
The message log is displayed along the top of the window. It displays the console-type output showing the commands sent by FileZilla and the remote server’s responses.
The file and folder view, displayed under the message log, provides a graphical interface for FTP. Users can navigate folders and view and alter their contents on both the local and remote machines using an Explorer-style tree interface. Users can drag and drop files between the local and remote computers.
The transfer queue, displayed along the bottom of the window, shows the real-time status of each queued or active file transfer.
As of version 2.2.23, FileZilla uses Unicode internally. As a result, it no longer runs on Windows 9x/ME.
The current binary versions of FileZilla for MacOS X no longer support MacOS X 10.4 (Tiger) or earlier. Running FileZilla with versions older than 10.5 (Leopard) requires compilation.
* * Easy to use
* * Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
* * Cross-platform. Runs on Windows, Linux, *BSD, Mac OS X and more
* * IPv6 support
* * Available in many languages
* * Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
* * Powerful Site Manager and transfer queue
* * Drag & drop support
* * Configurable Speed limits
* * Filename filters
* * Network configuration wizard
* * Remote file editing
* * Keep-alive
* * HTTP/1.1, SOCKS5 and FTP-Proxy support
FileZilla 3.1.6 RC1 Changelog
+ Configurable location of message log pane
+ Context menu inside site manager to export individual sites or site subtrees
- Several fixes for users with Turkish locale
- Fix race condition causing not all subdirectories to be added to queue on upload
- Cleanup of pane splitter code to facilitate configurable message log position
- Cleanup of path and directory listing caches to be less convoluted