Notepad++ is a free source code editor (and Notepad replacement), which supports several programming languages, running under the MS Windows environment.
This Notepad++ project, based on the Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component), written in C++ with pure win32 api and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.
Notepad++ Main Feature:
- * Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding.
- * WYSIWYG
- * User Defined Syntax Highlighting.
- * Auto-completionp
- * Multi-Document
- * Multi-View
- * Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- * Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- * Dynamic position of Views
- * File Status Auto-detection
- * Zoom in and zoom out
- * Multi-Language environment supported
- * Bookmark
- * Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- * Macro recording and playback
Notepad++ Current Version:
Notepad++ Included plugins :
- 1. TexFX v0.24a
- 2. NppExec v0.2 RC2
- 3. Spell Checker v1.3.1
- 4. Quick text v0.02
- 5. Explorer plugin v1.6.1
- 6. Hex editor v0.84
- 7. Base64 encoder/decoder v1.2
- 8. FTP_synchronize v0.9.5.0
- 9. NppExport v0.2.5.0
- 1. Fix crash bug while a "New 2" is in session.xml.
- 2. Fix the Drag N Drop text bug between 2 views.
- 3. Fix the annoying acrobat reader dialog problem.
- 4. Fix the bug that the first new document encoding is not set as the setting in "New Document settings".
- 5. Fix crash bug while running the command "Close All But Me" in some context.
- 6. Add scroll to end line feature after document reloading from disk.
- 7. Enhance checking modification from outside feature.