Miro Miro is a free application for channels of internet video (also known as 'video podcasts and video rss). Miro is designed to be easy to use and to give you an elegant fullscreen viewing experience.
There are thousands of free internet video channels that you can watch. You'll be able to download all the videos that each channel offers and when new ones are released, Miro will grab them automatically.
Unlike tiny videos on websites like YouTube, Miro videos are usually very high quality and look great when watched full screen. Since Miro downloads videos completely before you watch, your videos will never skip or stutter while they are playing.
Miro is more than just a software program, it's an active effort to build a more open and democratic media. Miro is created by a non-profit organization, the Participatory Culture Foundation. The software is free, open-source, and designed to give everyone a voice.
Miro Main Feature:
- Play All Your Videos
Play virtually any video-- Quicktime, WMV, MPEG, AVI, XVID, and more. Browse your collection, make playlists, stay organized.
- Get Internet TV Shows
Subscribe to any video RSS feed, podcast, or video blog. Explore hundreds of free channels with the built-in Channel Guide.
- Search YouTube
Download and save videos from YouTube, Google Video, Yahoo Video, and other sites.
- High Definition and Fullscreen
Your computer screen is a high-def display. Watch free HD videos in gorgeous fullscreen.
- Torrent Power
Easily download any BitTorrent file. Fast. Then watch it in the same app. Simple.
Miro New Version Change Log:
- * When you download videos from YouTube (whether by search or in a YouTube feed), we get an MP4 rather than a FLV, if it's available. The video quality of the MP4s is much higher.
- * Updated translations in lots of languages.
- * We've updated the linux version to Mozilla 1.9.
- * We've updated VLC on Windows to 0.8.6f (security fix).
- * #9685 NEW Download mp4 from YouTube? if available and download flv if not
- * #9841 FIXED Downloaded torrents disappear when play selected
- * #9787 FIXED New counter doesn't update until selected
- * #9727 FIXED Feeds duplicated when updating to co-branded version
- * #9880, #8104 FIXED Problems with menus not being translated for windows-xul and gtkx11 platforms
- * #8378 FIXED httpclient error