KeePass Password Safeis a free/open-source password safe or manager which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. You can put all your passwords in one database, which is locked with one master key or a key-disk. So you only have to remember one single master password or insert the key-disk to unlock the whole database. The databases are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms currently known (AES and Twofish).
KeePass Password Safe Main Feature:
KeePass Password Safe Current Version:
- * Strong Security.
- * Multiple User Keys.
- * Portable and No Installation Required.
- * Export To TXT, HTML, XML and CSV Files.
- * Import From Many File Formats.
- * Easy Database Transfer.
- * Support of Password Groups.
- * Time Fields and Entry Attachments.
- * Auto-Type, Global Auto-Type Hot Key and Drag.
- * Intuitive and Secure Windows Clipboard Handling
- * Searching and Sorting.
- * Multi-Language Support
- * Strong Random Password Generator.
- * Plugin Architecture
- * Open-Source!
KeePass Password Safe 1.11
KeePass Password Safe Changelog:
* Master key transformations (rounds) are now computed in two threads; on dual/multi core processors this results in almost twice the performance as before (by doubling the amount of rounds you'll get the same waiting time as in 1.10, but the protection against dictionary and guessing attack is doubled).
* On Windows Vista, some of the message boxes are now displayed as modern task dialogs.
* Database files are now verified (read and hashed) after writing them to disk (in order to prevent data loss caused by damaged/broken devices and/or file systems).
* When saving databases to removable media, KeePass now tries to lock and unlock the volume, which effectively flushes all system caches related to this drive (this prevents data loss caused by removing USB sticks without correctly unmounting in Windows first; but it only works when no other program is using the drive).
* Improved database file writing algorithm (small block writes and explicit flushing).
* The system's INI cache is now flushed before copying the temporary global INI file to the application directory (improves Windows 95 / 98 / ME compatibility).
* Added placeholders for referencing fields of other entries (dereferenced when starting URLs and performing auto-type, see the auto-type placeholders documentation).
* Added natural sorting (when sorting the entry list, KeePass now performs a human-like comparison instead of a simple lexicographical one; this sorts entries with numbers more logically; only supported with ShlWApi/IE 6.0.2800).
* Added pattern placeholder 's' to generate special characters of the printable 7-bit ASCII character set.
* KeePass now locks when the system is suspending (if the option for locking on locking Windows or switching user is enabled).
* Added a 'Tools' button menu in the entry editing dialog.
* Tools button menu: Added command to select an application for the URL field (will be prefixed with cmd://).
* Tools button menu: Added command to select a document for the URL field (will be prefixed with cmd://).
* Tools button menu: Added command to insert a placeholder into the URL field.
* Tools button menu: Added command to select an auto-type target window (a dialog will be opened, in which you can select an existing currently-opened window; an appropriate auto-type definition will be added in the notes field).
* Several entry context menu commands are now only enabled if applicable (if the user name field of an entry is empty, the 'Copy User Name' command is disabled, etc.).
* A " - Copy" suffix is now appended to duplicated entries.
* After duplicating entries, the new entries are selected.
* Added ability to sort entries based on UUIDs.
* Added advanced option to focus the entry list after a successful quick search (toolbar; disabled by default).
* Added support for large translation/language files.
* Added option to always allow full access through remote control (disabled by default, and marked with "not recommended").
* Added radio buttons for removing the expiry time from entries in the mass-modify dialog.
* Added generic Wiki and '$' client icons.
* Added certificate and mobile phone client icons (thanks to oppitronic).
* Added ability to specify the minimum length and minimum estimated quality that master passwords must have (see help file -> Features -> Composite Master Key; for admins).
* Added interface for writing master password requirements validation plugins (see the KPM_VALIDATE_MASTERPASSWORD message).
* Added interface for writing entry validation plugins (see the KPM_VALIDATE_ENTRY message).
* Added interface for writing generated passwords validation plugins (see the KPM_VALIDATE_GENPASSWORD message).
* Added plugin interface for storing custom data in KeePass KDB databases (for example some history, logging, ...).
* Plugins can now execute auto-type (KPC_AUTOTYPE).
* Added ability to specify a window title suffix in the INI file (KeeWindowTitleSuffix).
* Added more simple and robust plugin interface for editing and deleting entries.
* The dialog banner text color can be changed in the INI file now (KeeBannerColorText, set to BGR-Quad).
* The gradient direction in dialog banners can now be specified in the INI file (KeeBannerFlip).
* In mini mode, no passwords are generated automatically for new entries.
* In mini mode, clicking the 'Generate Password' button in the entry window immediately generates a new password based on the automatic generation profile, instead of showing the password generator dialog.
* In mini mode, the URL field is replaced by a combo box, in which you can select one of the plugin-provided user applications (KPM_USERAPP_GETFIRST and KPM_USERAPP_GETNEXT).